START DETAILS (ALL RACES START AT RAILHEAD PARK, 855 Pacific Ave. Auburn, CA 95603)
In an effort to ease congestion and improve the flow of runners once you reach the single track trails, the race will feature wave starts because there are a lot of you!! When you register, please be prepared to estimate your 5k road finish time so we can place you in the correct wave start.
- 7:30 am - Long Course Wave 1
- 7:40 am - Long Course Wave 2
- 7:50 am - Long Course Wave 3
- 8:30 am - Short Course Wave 1
- 8:40 am - Short Course Wave 2
- 8:50 am - Short Course Wave 3
- No leg or foot casts
- No strollers
- No dogs
- Please NO Headphones. No headphones will be permitted by runners/walkers participating at Blood Sweat, & Beers. No exceptions.
Participants wearing headphones are less aware of their surroundings and may not be aware of (1) starting line announcements; (2) instructions on the course from race management and volunteers (3) warnings that participants have strayed off course; (4) friendly warnings from another participant that is approaching to pass; and (5) finish line/chute announcements; Basically, when you can’t hear what is going on around you, you lose one of your most valuable senses—at a time when you need all of your senses working. Even if a participant is cognizant or their surroundings and “wants” to be aware, the inability to hear clearly is a significant risk factor that cannot be ignored. Event personnel must be able to communicate with participants before, during and after the race.